We are committed to protecting your right to privacy and respecting your rights, and if you think we ever fall short of this then please do get in touch and let us know and we will be happy to deal with your enquiries.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server, if you agree. Only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name.
Further information on cookies should be available in the help pages of your browser, and most browsers will recognize when a cookie is offered and allow users to control how and when they are accepted. However, you should be aware that if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience all of the features of the Whittaker Business Assistance Limited website, and other websites that you choose to visit.
The information we collect using cookies is anonymous. We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site or associate your IP address with any other data held about you. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifiable information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record a user’s visit to a website, the individual pages visited and the links followed. If the cookies set by a third party (for example, an advertising network) which also monitors traffic on other websites, this type of cookies may also be used to track a user’s movements across different website and to create profiles of their general online behavior. Information collected by tracking cookies is commonly used to serve users with targeted online advertising.
What are the specific cookies that Whittaker Business Assistance Limited uses?
The website uses Google Analytics, which allows us to recognize and count the number of visitors to our site and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website, including IP address, is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate your use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for Whittaker Business Assistance Limited. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
If you would like to know exactly what cookies are being used by Google Analytics and how they operate, or if you would like to find out more about the EU Cookie Law, you can do so via the links below.
* ICO Cookie Regulations and the EU Cookie Law – http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/the_guide/cookies
* Cookies and Google Analytics – https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
The website also uses the following additional cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
We use temporary session cookies to enable you to login to our website or Moderation Portal, and allow us to identify you throughout your session. Once you logout, or close your browser, or your session expires, the temporary session cookie gets automatically deleted.
Cookies which can improve the website and user experience
We use Google Analytics on our website. This link describes how Google uses information from sites that use their services:
Here you can read Google’s :
The below table lists the cookies set by Google Analytics:
Name Provider Type Purpose __utm.gif Google Analytics Pixel Logs details about the visitor’s browser and computer. __utma Google Analytics Persistent Collects data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visits. __utmb Google Analytics Session Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user accessed the website. __utmc Google Analytics Session Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when a user leaves the website. __utmt Google Analytics Session Used to throttle the speed of requests to the server. __utmz Google Analytics Persistent Collects data on where the user came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked and what search term was used.
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
Read more at YouTube’s embedding videos information page:
The below table lists the cookies set by YouTube:
|PREF||YouTube||Persistent||Registers a unique ID that is used by Google to keep statistics of how the visitor uses YouTube videos across different websites.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||YouTube||Persistent||Tries to estimate the users’ bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos.|
|YSC||YouTube||Session||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
What if I don’t want cookies?
You can visit www.aboutcookies.org for further information about disabling cookies.
For further information about cookies, visit the Interactive Advertising Bureau (www.iab.net), an industry body that develops standards and guidelines to support online business processes. It has produced a series of web pages that explain how cookies work and how they can be managed.
What if I have any questions?
Whittaker Business Assistance Limited works hard to make sure that we keep your data safe and respect your legal rights and your privacy. So if you have any questions or ever feel that we fall short in our attempts then please do get in touch and let us know. Whittaker Business Assistance Limited has a dedicated Data Protection Officer, Dan Winchester, who will be happy to deal with any questions you may have and you can contact him here at firstname.lastname@example.org